Today Mission Bay is the moniker for a new UCSF biomedical campus and its surrounding neighborhood. Some urban explorers know there is a Mission Creek with a houseboat community, too. In conjunction with the 2nd edition of the book Vanished Waters, we take a visual cruise through the industrial and watery past of this former tidal bay, fed by the fresh waters of several local creeks and streams. And in the present we find a remarkably successful story of ecological restoration! With Chris Carlsson, and Bob Isaacson from the Mission Creek Conservancy.
Summer Read SF 2014: May 31-August 10
Connect to your library, your imagination, and San Francisco.
- 50th Commemoration of the Bayview Uprising 1966
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 3:00 pmBayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- Thursdays at Noon films -Bridge of Spies
- Thursday, September 29, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Monet, Renoir, Pissarro & the Impressionist Movement
- Wednesday, October 5, 2016, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Genealogy & Family History Research
- Monday, September 26, 2016, 1:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- CANCELLED - Genealogy & Family History Research
- Monday, October 3, 2016, 1:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Drop In Genealogy
- Tuesday, October 4, 2016, 6:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room