Today Mission Bay is the moniker for a new UCSF biomedical campus and its surrounding neighborhood. Some urban explorers know there is a Mission Creek with a houseboat community, too. In conjunction with the 2nd edition of the book Vanished Waters, we take a visual cruise through the industrial and watery past of this former tidal bay, fed by the fresh waters of several local creeks and streams. And in the present we find a remarkably successful story of ecological restoration! With Chris Carlsson, and Bob Isaacson from the Mission Creek Conservancy.
Summer Read SF 2014: May 31-August 10
Connect to your library, your imagination, and San Francisco.
- Martha C. Taylor: From Labor to Reward
- Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, African American Center
- Chinese Workers and Balclutha
- Saturday, March 11, 2017, 2:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Family Photos and Home Movies:
- Saturday, March 18, 2017, 11:00 amMain Library, Latino/Hispanic B
- Genealogy & Family History Research
- Monday, March 6, 2017, 1:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Discover Women’s Lives and Experiences through Ancestry
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Drop In Genealogy
- Saturday, March 25, 2017, 1:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room