Today Mission Bay is the moniker for a new UCSF biomedical campus and its surrounding neighborhood. Some urban explorers know there is a Mission Creek with a houseboat community, too. In conjunction with the 2nd edition of the book Vanished Waters, we take a visual cruise through the industrial and watery past of this former tidal bay, fed by the fresh waters of several local creeks and streams. And in the present we find a remarkably successful story of ecological restoration! With Chris Carlsson, and Bob Isaacson from the Mission Creek Conservancy.
Summer Read SF 2014: May 31-August 10
Connect to your library, your imagination, and San Francisco.
- A Question of Color: John Harris vs. Sutro Baths
- Wednesday, February 4, 2015Merced, Merced General Floor Area
- The Port Chicago 50 and the Fight For Civil Rights
- Saturday, February 21, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Sunday, February 22, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B