Today Mission Bay is the moniker for a new UCSF biomedical campus and its surrounding neighborhood. Some urban explorers know there is a Mission Creek with a houseboat community, too. In conjunction with the 2nd edition of the book Vanished Waters, we take a visual cruise through the industrial and watery past of this former tidal bay, fed by the fresh waters of several local creeks and streams. And in the present we find a remarkably successful story of ecological restoration! With Chris Carlsson, and Bob Isaacson from the Mission Creek Conservancy.
Summer Read SF 2014: May 31-August 10
Connect to your library, your imagination, and San Francisco.
- Pete Seeger: How Can I Keep From Singing?
- Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Building Community and Leadership
- Saturday, September 12, 2015, 1:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic B
- The Streets of Antebellum and Civil War San Francisco
- Tuesday, September 15, 2015, 6:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B