Today Mission Bay is the moniker for a new UCSF biomedical campus and its surrounding neighborhood. Some urban explorers know there is a Mission Creek with a houseboat community, too. In conjunction with the 2nd edition of the book Vanished Waters, we take a visual cruise through the industrial and watery past of this former tidal bay, fed by the fresh waters of several local creeks and streams. And in the present we find a remarkably successful story of ecological restoration! With Chris Carlsson, and Bob Isaacson from the Mission Creek Conservancy.
Lectura de Verano SF 2014 - del 31 de mayo al 10 de agosto 10
Conectar con la biblioteca, la imaginación y San Francisco.
- A Question of Color: John Harris vs. Sutro Baths
- Miércoles 4 de Febrero de 2015Merced, Merced: Área Principal
- The Port Chicago 50 and the Fight For Civil Rights
- Sábado 21 de Febrero de 2015Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Domingo 22 de Febrero de 2015Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B