Today Mission Bay is the moniker for a new UCSF biomedical campus and its surrounding neighborhood. Some urban explorers know there is a Mission Creek with a houseboat community, too. In conjunction with the 2nd edition of the book Vanished Waters, we take a visual cruise through the industrial and watery past of this former tidal bay, fed by the fresh waters of several local creeks and streams. And in the present we find a remarkably successful story of ecological restoration! With Chris Carlsson, and Bob Isaacson from the Mission Creek Conservancy.
Lectura de Verano SF 2014 - del 31 de mayo al 10 de agosto 10
Conectar con la biblioteca, la imaginación y San Francisco.
- From Soapbox to San Quentin:
- Jueves 8 de Octubre de 2015, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas
- Celebrate Bernal's 75th Anniversary!
- Sábado 10 de Octubre de 2015, 1:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Área Principal
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- Miércoles 14 de Octubre de 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal