Today Mission Bay is the moniker for a new UCSF biomedical campus and its surrounding neighborhood. Some urban explorers know there is a Mission Creek with a houseboat community, too. In conjunction with the 2nd edition of the book Vanished Waters, we take a visual cruise through the industrial and watery past of this former tidal bay, fed by the fresh waters of several local creeks and streams. And in the present we find a remarkably successful story of ecological restoration! With Chris Carlsson, and Bob Isaacson from the Mission Creek Conservancy.
Lectura de Verano SF 2014 - del 31 de mayo al 10 de agosto 10
Conectar con la biblioteca, la imaginación y San Francisco.
- Ghosts, Sinners, and Secret Places
- Miércoles 26 de Octubre de 2016, 6:00 pmPotrero, Potrero: Sala de Reuniones
- March of the Suffragettes
- Miércoles 26 de Octubre de 2016, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- Ghosts, Sinners and Secret Places
- Lunes 31 de Octubre de 2016, 4:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret