Today Mission Bay is the moniker for a new UCSF biomedical campus and its surrounding neighborhood. Some urban explorers know there is a Mission Creek with a houseboat community, too. In conjunction with the 2nd edition of the book Vanished Waters, we take a visual cruise through the industrial and watery past of this former tidal bay, fed by the fresh waters of several local creeks and streams. And in the present we find a remarkably successful story of ecological restoration! With Chris Carlsson, and Bob Isaacson from the Mission Creek Conservancy.
Lectura de Verano SF 2014 - del 31 de mayo al 10 de agosto 10
Conectar con la biblioteca, la imaginación y San Francisco.
- The Birth of the United Nations in San Francisco
- Jueves 2 de Julio de 2015Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- First Lady Florence Harding
- Miércoles 8 de Julio de 2015Merced, Merced: Área Principal
- Legendary Locals of San Francisco's
- Sábado 18 de Julio de 2015Presidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones