In this club, readers will work through books that are unique stories that also cover legal topics. The club will focus on the legal issues and concepts that arise through the story in the book.
The Box tells the dramatic story of the shipping container's creation, the decade of struggle before it was widely adopted, and the sweeping economic consequences of the sharp fall in transportation costs that containerization brought about.
The club will enjoy the book itself, but also dig deeper into the legal concepts behind the box's success, such as labor relations, international agreements, privacy laws, and national and state regulatory bodies.
See sfpl.org/volunteer for more Volunteer Services information.
- Excelsior Branch Book Club
- Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 7:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Great Books Discussion Group
- Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Golden Gate Valley Mystery Book Club
- Thursday, July 28, 2016, 3:00 pmGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room