Breakdancing, a style of street dance that originated in New York City during the early 1970s, combines flexibility, acrobatics and a culture of positive challenge that encourages each dancer to develop their own style. As one of the original 5 elements of Hip Hop culture, breaking has had a big impact on popular dance in the U.S. and abroad. In this workshop, students will learn the fundamentals of breaking and hip hop dance and participate a culminating freestyle circle.
For ages 8 and older. Space is limited. Please contact Alice at 415-355-2848 or email@example.com to register.
Come to the library, check out the show, get a library card, and enjoy some books!
Summer Read SF 2014: May 31-August 10
Connect to your library, your imagination, and San Francisco.
- Family film matinee
- Saturday, September 20, 2014Park, Park Meeting Room
- Puppy Dog Tales with Oliver!
- Wednesday, September 24, 2014Eureka Valley/Harvey Milk Memorial, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- Repujado: Mexican Tin Art
- Thursday, September 25, 2014Ocean View, Ocean View Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.