This hour-long program for adults features acoustic artist Everything in Pen (Elizabeth Hubbard), and her songs of San Francisco. Combining the pop sensibility of Big Star and the off-beat narrative observations of Jonathan Richman, Everything in Pen’s songs cover many topics---a breakup at the Great American Music Hall, dog watching in Golden Gate Park, having an epiphany at the SFPL main branch, and the ache of waiting for the next Dave Eggers book to arrive. She sings the things you won’t say aloud, of the foolishness, the hopefulness and the almost unbearable humanness of us all. This show will include a brief explanation about each song’s origin and connection to San Francisco and upon request, may also include time at the end to answer questions about songwriting.
“Everything in Pen provides a show that's funny, touching, interactive, and a unique addition to any library.” - Tamesin Eustis, Head Librarian, Killingworth Public Library.
Summer Read SF 2014: May 31-August 10
Connect to your library, your imagination, and San Francisco.
- Lego: Free Play
- Friday, July 25, 2014Potrero, Potrero Meeting Room
- Magic with Heather Rogers
- Friday, July 25, 2014Ingleside, Ingleside Meeting Room
- Jewelry Making with Chelsee Robinson
- Friday, July 25, 2014Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond Teen's Area
- Saturday, July 26, 2014West Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- Alka Seltzer Rockets
- Monday, July 28, 2014Bayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- GoGo Craft
- Tuesday, July 29, 2014Main Library, Children's Center
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.