Michael Oher is a homeless African-American teenager who is from a broken home. Mike is taken in by the Touhys, a well-to-do white family who help him fulfill his potential. At the same time, Oher's presence in the Touhys' lives leads them to some insightful self-discoveries of their own. Living in his new environment, Mike faces a completely different set of challenges to overcome-- as both a football player and student. Mike works hard and, with the help of his coaches and adopted family, becomes an All-American offensive left tackle. Based on the book, "The blind side: evolution of a game" by Michael Lewis.
Snacks provided. For more info, contact: Marla at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-355-2868.
- Preschool Films
- Thursday, October 30, 2014Sunset, Sunset Children's Area
- Tales of the City Mini-series Marathon
- Thursday, October 30, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Movie: Monster House (PG, 91 min, 2006)
- Thursday, October 30, 2014Glen Park, Glen Park Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.