Michael Oher is a homeless African-American teenager who is from a broken home. Mike is taken in by the Touhys, a well-to-do white family who help him fulfill his potential. At the same time, Oher's presence in the Touhys' lives leads them to some insightful self-discoveries of their own. Living in his new environment, Mike faces a completely different set of challenges to overcome-- as both a football player and student. Mike works hard and, with the help of his coaches and adopted family, becomes an All-American offensive left tackle. Based on the book, "The blind side: evolution of a game" by Michael Lewis.
Snacks provided. For more info, contact: Marla at email@example.com or 415-355-2868.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- 2016 Fall Teen Book Trailers
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 4:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- 2016 Architecture and the City Film Festival
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Preschool Videos
- Thursday, September 29, 2016, 10:30 amSunset, Sunset Children's Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.