Michael Oher is a homeless African-American teenager who is from a broken home. Mike is taken in by the Touhys, a well-to-do white family who help him fulfill his potential. At the same time, Oher's presence in the Touhys' lives leads them to some insightful self-discoveries of their own. Living in his new environment, Mike faces a completely different set of challenges to overcome-- as both a football player and student. Mike works hard and, with the help of his coaches and adopted family, becomes an All-American offensive left tackle. Based on the book, "The blind side: evolution of a game" by Michael Lewis.
Snacks provided. For more info, contact: Marla at email@example.com or 415-355-2868.
- Films for Adults - Sahara (1943)
- Monday, September 22, 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Film Night at the Library
- Wednesday, September 24, 2014Park, Park Meeting Room
- Reel-to-Reel 16 mm Preschool Films
- Thursday, September 25, 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.