Join San Francisco City Guides volunteer Rob Spoor on a Mission Bay local history presentation, immediately followed by a walking tour of the neighborhood.
Presentation: Meet Rob at the branch for his Hidden Waters presentation. Explore the history and development of Mission Bay. Discover the changing uses of the bay--evolving from a food source for native peoples to a commercial area crisscrossed by wharves and rail lines to the largest construction project in San Francisco since the 1906 earthquake and fire!
Walking Tour: Rob will lead a walking tour of the neighborhood. See history beneath your feet, beautifully landscaped parks, colorful houseboats, and spectacular vistas. Learn how to trace long-covered creeks that still flow under the city and into San Francisco Bay.
This event is sponsored by the San Francisco Public Library's Summer Read SF 2014, with participation by City Guides, a program of the Library and a San Francisco Parks Alliance Partner.
Summer Read SF 2014: May 31-August 10
Connect to your library, your imagination, and San Francisco.
- Puppy Dog Tales with Oliver!
- Wednesday, September 3, 2014Eureka Valley/Harvey Milk Memorial, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- Marble Machine Tinkering
- Thursday, September 4, 2014Eureka Valley/Harvey Milk Memorial, Eureka Valley General Floor Area
- BHP: Bernal History Group
- Wednesday, September 17, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.