Join San Francisco City Guides volunteer Rob Spoor on a Mission Bay local history presentation, immediately followed by a walking tour of the neighborhood.
Presentation: Meet Rob at the branch for his Hidden Waters presentation. Explore the history and development of Mission Bay. Discover the changing uses of the bay--evolving from a food source for native peoples to a commercial area crisscrossed by wharves and rail lines to the largest construction project in San Francisco since the 1906 earthquake and fire!
Walking Tour: Rob will lead a walking tour of the neighborhood. See history beneath your feet, beautifully landscaped parks, colorful houseboats, and spectacular vistas. Learn how to trace long-covered creeks that still flow under the city and into San Francisco Bay.
This event is sponsored by the San Francisco Public Library's Summer Read SF 2014, with participation by City Guides, a program of the Library and a San Francisco Parks Alliance Partner.
Lectura de Verano SF 2014 - del 31 de mayo al 10 de agosto 10
Conectar con la biblioteca, la imaginación y San Francisco.
- Downton Abbey: The Music and the Era
- Martes 30 de Junio de 2015Anza, Anza: Sala de Reuniones
- The Birth of the United Nations in San Francisco
- Jueves 2 de Julio de 2015Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- First Lady Florence Harding
- Miércoles 8 de Julio de 2015Merced, Merced: Área Principal
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.