An illustrated lecture with author Ben Tarnoff.
Tarnoff's latest book focuses on Mark Twain's early years as a struggling writer in Civil War-era San Francisco and on the countercultural community he discovered there. It was a haven for weirdos, gamblers, crooks and draft dodgers, but later became a literary laboratory for new kinds of writing, eventually influencing several of the directions American literature went during the decades that followed.
A book sale and signing will follow the program.
Summer Read SF 2014: May 31-August 10
Connect to your library, your imagination, and San Francisco.
- We're All Terminal
- Tuesday, August 2, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Gordon Edgar: aka the cheese guy
- Wednesday, August 3, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Book Launch and Reading with KJ Landis
- Tuesday, August 9, 2016, 6:30 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room