An illustrated lecture with author Ben Tarnoff.
Tarnoff's latest book focuses on Mark Twain's early years as a struggling writer in Civil War-era San Francisco and on the countercultural community he discovered there. It was a haven for weirdos, gamblers, crooks and draft dodgers, but later became a literary laboratory for new kinds of writing, eventually influencing several of the directions American literature went during the decades that followed.
A book sale and signing will follow the program.
Lectura de Verano SF 2014 - del 31 de mayo al 10 de agosto 10
Conectar con la biblioteca, la imaginación y San Francisco.
- Intersecting Film, Music and Queerness
- Jueves 29 de Septiembre de 2016, 6:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Low Energy Radiation from Our Home and Media Appliances
- Domingo 9 de Octubre de 2016, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- The Life and Art of Vincent Van Gogh
- Jueves 20 de Octubre de 2016, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil