An illustrated lecture with author Ben Tarnoff.
Tarnoff's latest book focuses on Mark Twain's early years as a struggling writer in Civil War-era San Francisco and on the countercultural community he discovered there. It was a haven for weirdos, gamblers, crooks and draft dodgers, but later became a literary laboratory for new kinds of writing, eventually influencing several of the directions American literature went during the decades that followed.
A book sale and signing will follow the program.
Lectura de Verano SF 2014 - del 31 de mayo al 10 de agosto 10
Conectar con la biblioteca, la imaginación y San Francisco.
- At Home In Exile
- Miércoles 25 de Enero de 2017, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- Scandinavian Crime Thrillers Today
- Miércoles 1 de Febrero de 2017, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Author Event - Matt Richtel
- Sábado 4 de Febrero de 2017, 11:00 amWest Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil