An illustrated lecture with author Ben Tarnoff.
Tarnoff's latest book focuses on Mark Twain's early years as a struggling writer in Civil War-era San Francisco and on the countercultural community he discovered there. It was a haven for weirdos, gamblers, crooks and draft dodgers, but later became a literary laboratory for new kinds of writing, eventually influencing several of the directions American literature went during the decades that followed.
A book sale and signing will follow the program.
Lectura de Verano SF 2014 - del 31 de mayo al 10 de agosto 10
Conectar con la biblioteca, la imaginación y San Francisco.
- From Homelessness to Housing in San Francisco
- Miércoles 1 de Marzo de 2017, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Soul-Making Keats Literary Awards
- Domingo 5 de Marzo de 2017, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- My Life with Audree (ASL)
- Miércoles 8 de Marzo de 2017, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B