An illustrated lecture with author Ben Tarnoff.
Tarnoff's latest book focuses on Mark Twain's early years as a struggling writer in Civil War-era San Francisco and on the countercultural community he discovered there. It was a haven for weirdos, gamblers, crooks and draft dodgers, but later became a literary laboratory for new kinds of writing, eventually influencing several of the directions American literature went during the decades that followed.
A book sale and signing will follow the program.
Lectura de Verano SF 2014 - del 31 de mayo al 10 de agosto 10
Conectar con la biblioteca, la imaginación y San Francisco.
- Delicious Desserts: Alice Medrich speaks
- Martes 13 de Octubre de 2015, 3:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- Miércoles 14 de Octubre de 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- Entre sus Palabras Andantes
- Domingo 18 de Octubre de 2015, 3:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B