An illustrated lecture with author Ben Tarnoff.
Tarnoff's latest book focuses on Mark Twain's early years as a struggling writer in Civil War-era San Francisco and on the countercultural community he discovered there. It was a haven for weirdos, gamblers, crooks and draft dodgers, but later became a literary laboratory for new kinds of writing, eventually influencing several of the directions American literature went during the decades that followed.
A book sale and signing will follow the program.
Lectura de Verano SF 2014 - del 31 de mayo al 10 de agosto 10
Conectar con la biblioteca, la imaginación y San Francisco.
- Puppy Dog Tales with Oliver!
- Miércoles 3 de Septiembre de 2014Eureka Valley/Harvey Milk Memorial, Eureka Valley: Área Principal
- Marble Machine Tinkering
- Jueves 4 de Septiembre de 2014Eureka Valley/Harvey Milk Memorial, Eureka Valley: Área Principal
- RADAR Presents Reading + Launch Party:
- Jueves 4 de Septiembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B