An illustrated lecture with author Ben Tarnoff.
Tarnoff's latest book focuses on Mark Twain's early years as a struggling writer in Civil War-era San Francisco and on the countercultural community he discovered there. It was a haven for weirdos, gamblers, crooks and draft dodgers, but later became a literary laboratory for new kinds of writing, eventually influencing several of the directions American literature went during the decades that followed.
A book sale and signing will follow the program.
Lectura de Verano SF 2014 - del 31 de mayo al 10 de agosto 10
Conectar con la biblioteca, la imaginación y San Francisco.
- Shock and Awe - Performance by Ethan Rafal
- Miércoles 14 de Diciembre de 2016, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- We're All Terminal
- Martes 3 de Enero de 2017, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Gay Noir: The Return of Henry Rios
- Sábado 7 de Enero de 2017, 3:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas