An illustrated lecture with author Ben Tarnoff.
Tarnoff's latest book focuses on Mark Twain's early years as a struggling writer in Civil War-era San Francisco and on the countercultural community he discovered there. It was a haven for weirdos, gamblers, crooks and draft dodgers, but later became a literary laboratory for new kinds of writing, eventually influencing several of the directions American literature went during the decades that followed.
A book sale and signing will follow the program.
Lectura de Verano SF 2014 - del 31 de mayo al 10 de agosto 10
Conectar con la biblioteca, la imaginación y San Francisco.
- Poetry Reading with Dawn Pearson
- Sábado 30 de Abril de 2016, 4:00 pmPotrero, Potrero: Sala de Reuniones
- Writing To Be Read: Strategies for Maximizing Impact
- Miércoles 4 de Mayo de 2016, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- San Francisco's Chinatown, Then & Now
- Sábado 7 de Mayo de 2016, 11:00 amBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B