An illustrated lecture with author Ben Tarnoff.
Tarnoff's latest book focuses on Mark Twain's early years as a struggling writer in Civil War-era San Francisco and on the countercultural community he discovered there. It was a haven for weirdos, gamblers, crooks and draft dodgers, but later became a literary laboratory for new kinds of writing, eventually influencing several of the directions American literature went during the decades that followed.
A book sale and signing will follow the program.
- Intersecting Film, Music and Queerness
- 星期四, 2016年9月29日, 6:30 pmMain 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B
- Low Energy Radiation from Our Home and Media Appliances
- 星期日, 2016年10月9日, 1:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B
- The Life and Art of Vincent Van Gogh
- 星期四, 2016年10月20日, 7:00 pmSunset 分館, 日落區分館兒童室