Rebecca, Alfred Hitchcock’s first American project, stars Laurence Olivier as the brooding aristocratic widower Maxim de Winter, and Joan Fontaine as the young woman who becomes his tormented second wife. The film won Best Picture and Best Cinematography and garnered 11 other nominations. An adaptation of Daphne du Maurier's novel, it is an American psychological drama-thriller.
NR | 130 minutes | 1940 | Popcorn!
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Short History of Narrative Cinema
- Monday, February 27, 2017, 1:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- 13th: an Oscar-nominated documentary
- Monday, February 27, 2017, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Video Studio: Open House
- Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 4:00 pmMain Library, Mix: Video - 2nd Fl