1:30-2:00 Create an account; 2-4 The class.
Looking for a job has evolved over the past few years. Using “Social Networks” websites is a skill some of you may need to add to your job search strategies. Many of you may already use LinkedIn as your primary social media strategy, but there are other social network websites such as Facebook that can work in conjunction with LinkedIn to increase your chance of securing employment.
Why should you consider this workshop?
- To increase your chances of employment
- Lots of potential contacts. Facebook has over 1.11 billion users worldwide and counting.
- Pages devoted to job search and careers
- Facebook has applications for job searching
This class will cover:
- How to set up a Facebook account (Optional)
- Basic overview of Facebook features
- How to use Facebook applications to assist you with your job search
Guest presenter: Paul Fong has been providing training in the nonprofit industry for the past 16 years, teaching a wide range of subject matters and working in various positions to support the goals of organizations. He has developed and taught training classes which included: software training, job readiness, computer literacy, retail skills, and career development to a diverse audience. Paul has worked as a training instructor, job developer, and program outreach coordinator. Prior to working in the nonprofit industry, Paul worked in the retail industry as a member of management in various levels, a recruiter, and a trainer.
Learn about more Jobs & Careers Resources.
- Getting a Multiple Subject Teaching Credential Online
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 4:00 pmAnza, Anza Meeting Room
- Coding Drop-In Lab
- Monday, October 19, 2015, 2:00 pm
- Career Tune Up
- Wednesday, October 21, 2015, 1:30 pmAnza, Anza Meeting Room
- Job Seekers' Lab
- Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 10:00 am
- Encore Career Strategies
- Tuesday, October 6, 2015, 2:30 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Introduction to Online Job Searching
- Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 6:00 pm