Looking for a job has evolved over the past few years. Using “Social Networks” websites is a skill some of you may need to add to your job search strategies. Many of you may already use LinkedIn as your primary social media strategy, but there are other social network websites such as Twitter that can work in conjunction with LinkedIn to increase your chance of securing employment.
Why should you consider this workshop?
- To increase your chances of employment
- A large percentage of recruiters use Twitter for identifying potential applicants
- Twitter has tools for organizing and speeding up your job search
This class will cover:
- How to set up a Twitter account (Optional)
- Basic overview of Twitter features
- How to use Twitter tools to assist you with your job search
Guest presenter: Paul Fong has been providing training in the nonprofit industry for the past 16 years, teaching a wide range of subject matters and working in various positions to support the goals of organizations. He has developed and taught training classes which included: software training, job readiness, computer literacy, retail skills, and career development to a diverse audience.
Learn about more Jobs & Careers Resources.
- Job Seekers' Lab
- Tuesday, March 10, 2015
- Let Us Amaze You! Useful Tools for Your Job Search
- Wednesday, March 11, 2015
- Business Research Database Class
- Thursday, March 12, 2015