Looking for a job has evolved over the past few years. Using “Social Networks” websites is a skill some of you may need to add to your job search strategies. Many of you may already use LinkedIn as your primary social media strategy, but there are other social network websites such as Twitter that can work in conjunction with LinkedIn to increase your chance of securing employment.
Why should you consider this workshop?
- To increase your chances of employment
- A large percentage of recruiters use Twitter for identifying potential applicants
- Twitter has tools for organizing and speeding up your job search
This class will cover:
- How to set up a Twitter account (Optional)
- Basic overview of Twitter features
- How to use Twitter tools to assist you with your job search
Guest presenter: Paul Fong has been providing training in the nonprofit industry for the past 16 years, teaching a wide range of subject matters and working in various positions to support the goals of organizations. He has developed and taught training classes which included: software training, job readiness, computer literacy, retail skills, and career development to a diverse audience.
Más información sobre Empleo y Carreras.
- Job Seekers' Drop-In
- Miércoles 4 de Mayo de 2016, 10:00 amBiblioteca Central, Bridge TechLab - 5th Fl
- Career Coaching
- Miércoles 4 de Mayo de 2016, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Negocios/Ciencia & Tecnología
- Career Coaching
- Jueves 5 de Mayo de 2016, 10:00 amBiblioteca Central, Centro de Negocios/Ciencia & Tecnología
- Preparing for the Interview
- Martes 3 de Mayo de 2016, 2:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras
- Online Job Search 101
- Miércoles 4 de Mayo de 2016, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala de Computadoras
- Mock Job Interviewing
- Martes 10 de Mayo de 2016, 2:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras