In celebration of Asian Pacific American Heritage Month in May 2014, teenagers are invited to join a Teen Essay Contest. The topic: "Inspire myself, motivate others". Deadline: Saturday, May 31st, 2014 (at 4 pm). For information, please call Jewel at Chinatown Branch Library, (415)355-2888 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Judging will be based on originality, grammar, coherence to the topic and more. These are the rules:
- Age: 12-18
- Text should be written in English only, at least 1,000 words
- One entry per person
- Submission by email to: Chinatowntz@gmail.com
- Submission in person or by mail to: Jewel Chen, Chinatown Branch Library, 1135 Powell Street, San Francisco, CA 94108
- Include your name, address, school, grade, phone number and email address
- Essays will be divied into two age groups, middle school (Grade 6-8) and high school (Grade 9-12)
- Prizes for winners of each group: First Place winners will receive a $50 gift card. Second Place winners will receive gift cards for the total value of $35
- The winner's essays wil be posted on the San Francisco Public Library's Teen web pages (Chinatown Teen'Zine Blog)
- Alvin Ho Read-Aloud Book Club
- Lunes 4 de Mayo de 2015Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- Preschool Yoga Storytime!
- Martes 5 de Mayo de 2015Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Kusudama: Origami Spring Flower Cube
- Martes 5 de Mayo de 2015Bayview, Bayview: Sala de Reuniones
- Qigong Healing: Sound, Energy, & Color
- Martes 5 de Mayo de 2015West Portal, West Portal: Área Juvenil
- Tai Chi Thursdays!
- Jueves 7 de Mayo de 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
- Thai Cooking Demonstration
- Sábado 9 de Mayo de 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.