Discover the most exclusive corner of Pacific Heights, where San Francisco's wealthiest families have built mansions with spectacular views of the bay. Find out which society family runs a nursery school from their home and which rehab program had its headquarters in this unlikely setting. Learn about a Victorian Firehouse turned private residence and a humble church that started a new architectural movement.
This event is sponsored by the San Francisco Public Library's Summer Read SF 2014, with participation by City Guides, a program of the Library and a San Francisco Parks Alliance Partner.
Summer Read SF 2014: May 31-August 10
Connect to your library, your imagination, and San Francisco.
- Free & Fun in San Francisco - Updated
- Monday, May 4, 2015North Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- CANCELLED - Urban Bicycling: Street Skills 101
- Saturday, May 9, 2015Main Library, Music Center - 4th Floor
- Rebuilding Together San Francisco
- Wednesday, May 20, 2015Portola, Portola Meeting Room