Discover the most exclusive corner of Pacific Heights, where San Francisco's wealthiest families have built mansions with spectacular views of the bay. Find out which society family runs a nursery school from their home and which rehab program had its headquarters in this unlikely setting. Learn about a Victorian Firehouse turned private residence and a humble church that started a new architectural movement.
This event is sponsored by the San Francisco Public Library's Summer Read SF 2014, with participation by City Guides, a program of the Library and a San Francisco Parks Alliance Partner.
Summer Read SF 2014: May 31-August 10
Connect to your library, your imagination, and San Francisco.
- 19th Ave. & Buckingham Way Operator Facility
- Wednesday, December 3, 2014Merced, Merced General Floor Area
- Cheap Fun in San Francisco
- Friday, December 5, 2014North Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Home Preparedness in Earthquake Country
- Saturday, December 13, 2014Portola, Portola Meeting Room