The Fat Knight Gets His Comeuppance
The scoundrel Falstaff attempts to seduce the wives of two rich townsmen. Alice Ford and Meg Page receive identical love letters from Falstaff; laughing, they resolve to teach him a lesson. Falstaff hides in a laundry basket which is thrown out a window into the Thames River. Falstaff falls victim to further pranks, but is able to laugh at himself at the end. Proclaiming that everyone was duped, he declares ‘all the world is but a jest’.
- Opera for the People Lecture Series
- Sunday, April 26, 2015Noe Valley, Noe Valley Meeting Room
- Toba Singer and Jose Manuel Carreno
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- The Gershwin Brothers and the Broadway Musical
- Wednesday, April 29, 2015Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room