Parents for Public Schools – San Francisco hosts free workshops to help parents, guardians, and community members understand how they can be involved in school governance at public schools. Available resources and strategies will be shared. In upcoming months learn about the far reaching changes in our state in testing, funding and accountability, and how these changes affect our schools and students.
Come learn more about Common Core State Standards, Smarter Balanced Assessments, Local Control Funding Formula, and School Quality Improvement System. Hear how schools can get useful input from families to help make funding and program decisions. Check out these workshops!
For more information on specific workshops topics or to pre-register, go to www.ppssf.org.
- Find a Public High School (in Spanish)
- Thursday, November 6, 2014Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Find a Public Elementary School for Your Child
- Thursday, November 6, 2014Ortega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Parents for Public Schools Office Hour
- Saturday, November 8, 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown General Floor Area
- Cómo Encontrar una Escuela Pública para sus Hijos: Español
- Wednesday, November 5, 2014Bayview, Bayview Meeting Room