Scholarly Voices presents Across the African Diaspora: Islam and Sexuality with Dr. Ibrahim Farajajé
Generally speaking, because of the cultural taboos as well as the legal sanctions against homosexual conduct and relations, life for individuals with non-normative sexuality in the Arab and Muslim world may be lived inside a culturally unique closet, but a closet is still a closet. Education and dialogue on religion and homosexuality is important in order to encourage a better understanding and mutual respect amongst individuals and communities as well as to empower Muslim LGBT young people to deal with the questions and issues they face.
Come listen and add your voice to the conversation! Presented by Museum of the African Diaspora in the Neighborhood.
- Delicious Desserts: Alice Medrich speaks
- Martes 13 de Octubre de 2015, 3:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- Miércoles 14 de Octubre de 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- Entre sus Palabras Andantes
- Domingo 18 de Octubre de 2015, 3:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B