Making colorful paper flowers is a tradition in Mexico on Cinco de Mayo or the Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos). We will show you how to make several types of these flowers and from there you can design your own!
Programs celebrating one of the many cultures that make up San Francisco, during their time of special recognition.
¡VIVA! is the library’s celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month, from September - October. See our ¡VIVA! Calendar (PDF) for a complete listing of events.
- The Kite Runner
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 4:00 pmPark, Park Meeting Room
- 3D Origami Decoration
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 3:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Rincon Literario
- Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, Paley Room - Floor 3
- Noe Valley Knitting Circle
- Saturday, October 1, 2016, 10:30 amNoe Valley, Noe Valley Meeting Room
- Olmec, Maya, & Aztec Clay Plaque
- Saturday, October 8, 2016, 2:00 pmGlen Park, Glen Park Meeting Room
- Book Art/Illustration Journal Workshop
- Saturday, October 15, 2016, 1:15 pmMission, Mission Garden