Papel Picado (“perforated paper") is the decorative paper craft of intricately cut, tissue paper panels. The panels are strung together and hung as colorful displays for celebrations and holidays.
Come join us and design papel picado for a celebration of your own choice.
Programs celebrating one of the many cultures that make up San Francisco, during their time of special recognition.
- Drop-In Art
- Friday, August 26, 2016, 2:00 pmGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate General Floor Area
- Parent-Child Interactions
- Thursday, September 1, 2016, 10:00 amWestern Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Isabel Allende's The House of the Spirits
- Thursday, September 1, 2016, 6:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Noe Valley Knitting Circle
- Saturday, September 3, 2016, 10:30 amNoe Valley, Noe Valley Meeting Room
- Make a Terrarium
- Friday, September 16, 2016, 2:00 pmMarina, Marina Childrens' Area
- Knit Happens
- Saturday, September 17, 2016, 1:30 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B