The San Francisco History Center invites you to a showcase of films in relation to the Panama-Pacific International Exposition (PPIE). When they say that all the world came to San Francisco to celebrate the Exposition, they were exaggerating only slightly, especially when it came to the top entertainers of the day. Musicians, dancers, film producers and stars all descended on the "Jewel City" to the delight of its attendees. This film program presents motion pictures showcasing some of the popular celebrities who visited San Francisco's World's Fair a hundred years ago. Brian Darr, local blogger and film historian, curated a selection of films demonstrating the many illustrious visitors - including Loie Fuller, Thomas Edison, Lincoln Beachey, Charlie Chaplin, Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle and Mabel Normand.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
Celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Panama Pacific International Exposition.
- 2017 Spring Teen Book Trailers
- Friday, March 24, 2017, 4:00 pmParkside, Parkside Children's Area
- The Sweet Spot
- Tuesday, March 28, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Video Studio: Open House
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 4:00 pmMain Library, Mix: Video - 2nd Fl
- Drop In Genealogy
- Saturday, March 25, 2017, 1:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Stop-Motion Animation Film Festival
- Saturday, March 25, 2017, 3:00 pmPark, Park Meeting Room
- Genealogy & Family History Research
- Monday, April 3, 2017, 1:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.