The San Francisco History Center invites you to a showcase of films in relation to the Panama-Pacific International Exposition (PPIE). When they say that all the world came to San Francisco to celebrate the Exposition, they were exaggerating only slightly, especially when it came to the top entertainers of the day. Musicians, dancers, film producers and stars all descended on the "Jewel City" to the delight of its attendees. This film program presents motion pictures showcasing some of the popular celebrities who visited San Francisco's World's Fair a hundred years ago. Brian Darr, local blogger and film historian, curated a selection of films demonstrating the many illustrious visitors - including Loie Fuller, Thomas Edison, Lincoln Beachey, Charlie Chaplin, Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle and Mabel Normand.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
Celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Panama Pacific International Exposition.
- Video Studio: Open House
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 4:00 pmMain Library, Mix: Video - 2nd Fl
- Movie Night: Selma
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 5:30 pmPotrero, Potrero Meeting Room
- SF Opera's Opera in an Hour
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 6:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Drop In Genealogy
- Saturday, February 25, 2017, 1:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Genealogy & Family History Research
- Monday, March 6, 2017, 1:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Discover Women’s Lives and Experiences through Ancestry
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.