It's easier than ever for authors to publish their own books, but how do you create a book that will satisfy your readers and make an impact in the marketplace? In this presentation award-winning book designer and blogger Joel Friedlander will walk you through the options available to self-publishing authors to make their books stand out in the crowd. You will learn about: options for creating your book interior; book cover successes and failures; dealing with vendors and budgets; and avoiding typical "newbie" mistakes.
- Santa Fe Voices: Poems of New Mexico
- Saturday, April 1, 2017, 2:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- National Poetry Month Local Poets Showcase
- Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Down and Out in the New Economy: How People Find (or Don't Find) Work Today
- Thursday, April 6, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.