It's easier than ever for authors to publish their own books, but how do you create a book that will satisfy your readers and make an impact in the marketplace? In this presentation award-winning book designer and blogger Joel Friedlander will walk you through the options available to self-publishing authors to make their books stand out in the crowd. You will learn about: options for creating your book interior; book cover successes and failures; dealing with vendors and budgets; and avoiding typical "newbie" mistakes.
- At Home In Exile
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Scandinavian Crime Thrillers Today
- Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Author Event - Matt Richtel
- Saturday, February 4, 2017, 11:00 amWest Portal, West Portal Children's Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.