What is the Next Chapter Book Club?
Adolescents and adults with developmental disabilities reading and learning, making friends, and enjoying a fun community gathering place.
How does it work?
Members meet weekly, on Fridays at 3pm, for one hour in the Learning Studio on the 5th floor of The Main Library.
Who can participate?
Anyone can participate, no matter their reading or ability level.
Who leads the book clubs?
Trained volunteers facilitate each group. They include students, parents, retirees, people with disabilities, and various community members.
Why join the Next Chapter Book Club?
NCBC members improve literacy skills, make friends, take part in the community, and have a lot of fun doing it!
We are currently reading Charlotte's Web.
Inclusive programs have been designed for patrons with autism spectrum disorders, sensory integration issues, developmental disabilities, learning differences, or other special needs. Everyone is welcome!
- Excelsior Branch Book Club
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 7:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Rincon Literario
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, Paley Room - Floor 3
- TINISIMA By Elena Poniatowska
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 7:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Nutrition and Healthy Choices
- Monday, January 23, 2017, 11:00 amMain Library, Learning Studio
- Mindfulness and Meditation
- Monday, January 23, 2017, 1:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Great Books Discussion Group
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal Children's Area