Each session of this weekly course will focus on one aspect of living a healthy life through making better choices. Classes can be taken individually or as part of this weekly series. Participants will learn easy alternatives and options to some of the most common mistakes we make about our health.
- March 6: Lean protein options, recipes
- March 13: Whole grains & healthier starch options, recipes
- March 20: Bone health and sources of calcium and vitamin D, recipes
- March 27: Portion size in proportion to your height and physical activity level, adapting old favorites to be more healthy, recipes
This program is presented by The Arc San Francisco, a non-profit agency. The mission of The Arc San Francisco is to serve people with developmental disabilities by promoting self-determination, dignity and quality of life.
The Bridge at Main is a literacy and learning center that prioritizes community learning, adult literacy, youth and family literacy and technology literacy to create a learning environment for 21st Century skills.
Inclusive programs have been designed for patrons with autism spectrum disorders, sensory integration issues, developmental disabilities, learning differences, or other special needs. Everyone is welcome!
- Next Chapter Book Club
- Friday, March 24, 2017, 3:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- One-On-One eResource Help at The Bridge
- Friday, March 24, 2017, 4:00 pmMain Library, Bridge TechLab Workstation - 5th Fl
- FOG Readers - Free Reading Help- Information Session
- Saturday, March 25, 2017, 10:00 amMain Library, Golden Gate Rm - 5th Fl
- Math Drop-in for Adults
- Friday, March 24, 2017, 12:00 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Essentrics™ Workout
- Saturday, March 25, 2017, 12:00 pmNoe Valley, Noe Valley Meeting Room
- Nutrition and Healthy Choices
- Monday, March 27, 2017, 11:00 amMain Library, Learning Studio