This course can be attended as a series or as stand-alone classes. Mindfulness and Meditation is about stress relief and incorporates simple meditation practices. It will begin with participants briefly sharing about their level of stress. They will then participate in 20 minutes of meditation and mindfulness practices. The session will conclude with participants discussing the experience and how it benefited them.
This program is presented by The Arc San Francisco, a non-profit agency. The mission of The Arc San Francisco is to serve people with developmental disabilities by promoting self-determination, dignity and quality of life.
The Bridge at Main is a literacy and learning center that prioritizes community learning, adult literacy, youth and family literacy and technology literacy to create a learning environment for 21st Century skills.
Inclusive programs have been designed for patrons with autism spectrum disorders, sensory integration issues, developmental disabilities, learning differences, or other special needs. Everyone is welcome!
- Next Chapter Book Club
- Friday, March 24, 2017, 3:00 pm
- One-On-One eResource Help at The Bridge
- Friday, March 24, 2017, 4:00 pmMain Library, Bridge TechLab Workstation - 5th Fl
- FOG Readers - Free Reading Help- Information Session
- Saturday, March 25, 2017, 10:00 amMain Library, Golden Gate Rm - 5th Fl
- Math Drop-in for Adults
- Friday, March 24, 2017, 12:00 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Nutrition and Healthy Choices
- Monday, March 27, 2017, 11:00 am
- Mindfulness and Meditation
- Monday, March 27, 2017, 1:00 pm