Former China correspondent Jennifer Lin dramatizes 150 years of her family history in her new book, Shanghai Faithful: Betrayal and Forgiveness in a Chinese Christian Family, (Rowman & Littlefield, March 2017). A reporter for The Philadelphia Inquirer for 31 years, Lin used her skills as a reporter to weave oral history and archival resources into a narrative spanning five generations. Shanghai Faithful presents a poignant portrait of a family as well as a vivid history of Christianity in China, stretching from the 19-century mission outposts of South China to the cathedrals of war-torn Shanghai and today’s thriving house churches at the heart of China’s unprecedented religious revival. The program will be conducted in English.
- Santa Fe Voices: Poems of New Mexico
- Saturday, April 1, 2017, 2:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- National Poetry Month Local Poets Showcase
- Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Down and Out in the New Economy: How People Find (or Don't Find) Work Today
- Thursday, April 6, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio