- Popular eBooks for kids and adults (Axis 360)
- Featuring children's picture-story, cookbooks, travel and craft ebooks. The Axis Reader for iOS and Android devices allows you to locate and access your eBook library directly from the app. The Blio reader handles graphics very well so titles with photos and illustrations display crisp and clear. Download onto smartphones, tablets and personal computers, including Windows, Mac OS/iOS and Android using the Blio reader app or Adobe Digital Editions. Not compatible with Kindle eReaders other than the Kindle Fire.
- Popular eBooks, eAudiobooks, Music and Video (OverDrive)
- Popular fiction and non-fiction titles in English, Chinese, Russian and Spanish. Download eBooks onto your portable device, including Kindle, iPhone/iPad and Android.
- Computing and IT Books (Safari Techbooks Online)
- Full-text online access to over 4000 computing, IT, and management titles that you can read online.
- Historical Works (SFPL's Digitized Books)
- View or download historical San Francisco books and government documents, including the popular City Directories and Municipal Reports.
- The Classics (Open Library)
- Over 2.7 million free classic eBooks from the Internet Archive including great works in the public domain from over 600 libraries around the world.
- Non-fiction with an Academic Focus (Ebsco eBook Collection)
- Thousands of electronic books covering classic literature, business, technology and other non-fiction subjects.
- eBook/eReader Classes
- Take an eReader class and learn to download free eBooks from the Library.
- eBooks from small, medium-sized and independent publishers
- Enki is an ebook platform created by Contra Costa County Library and funded by Califa and Bay Area libraries by working directly with a variety of publishers. The collection contains fiction and non-fiction titles for children and adults, and includes self-published titles from Smashwords. Checkout and read online or download to devices compatible with the EPUB format. Not compatible with Kindle eReaders.