- Popular eBooks for adults and kids (Axis 360)
- Axis 360 features a wide selection of adult bestsellers, nonfiction titles, and collections for children and teens. Locate and access eBooks and eAudiobooks directly from the Axis 360 all-in-one mobile app for Android, iOS, and Kindle Fire devices. A Windows Desktop Reader app is also available.
NOTE: Axis 360 eBooks cannot be read on eInk devices such as Kindle Touch and NOOK GlowLight. Check here to learn how to access eBooks checked out from Axis 360 on these devices (PDF).
- Popular eBooks, eAudiobooks (OverDrive)
- Offers thousands of adult bestsellers, nonfiction titles, and collections for children and teens. Titles are also available in Spanish, Chinese, Russian, and French. Read or listen to content in your web browser or download eBooks and eAudiobooks onto your Kindle, iPhone/iPad, and Android mobile devices.
- Hoopla eBooks
- Hoopla offers a large collection of comics and graphic novels. There is also a variety of adult fiction and nonfiction titles. Read eBooks online with your desktop computer‘s web browser or offline with the mobile app.
- Chinese eBooks and News (UDN) (in Chinese)
- UDN (United Daily News) offers eBooks and news published in traditional Chinese characters. Subject areas include health, business, Chinese history, travel, and language learning. Fiction works include romance, suspense, Kung Fu, and collections for children and young adults, as well as translated titles from Asia and Europe.
- Books24x7 (Skillsoft)
- Books24x7 has more than 13,500 full-text technology and business eBooks from 210 publishers, plus 25,000 IT and Desktop Video tutorials from industry experts. Note: Library card required.
- Computing and IT Books (Safari Techbooks Online)
- Full-text online access to over 4000 computing, IT, and management titles that you can read online.
- Historical Works (SFPL's Digitized Books)
- View or download historical San Francisco books and government documents, including the popular City Directories and Municipal Reports.
- The Classics (Open Library)
- Over 2.7 million free classic eBooks from the Internet Archive including great works in the public domain from over 600 libraries around the world.
- Nonfiction with an Academic Focus (Ebsco eBook Collection)
- Thousands of electronic books covering classic literature, business, technology and other nonfiction subjects.
- eBook/eReader Classes
- Take an eReader class and learn to download free eBooks from the Library.
- eBooks from small, medium-sized and independent publishers
- Enki is an ebook platform created by Contra Costa County Library and funded by Califa and Bay Area libraries by working directly with a variety of publishers. The collection contains fiction and nonfiction titles for children and adults, and includes self-published titles from Smashwords. Checkout and read online or download to devices compatible with the EPUB format. Not compatible with Kindle eReaders.
- Znanium eLibrary System (in Russian) | (Academus Publishing)
- A continuously updated collection, the Znanium eLibrary consists of Russian reference eBooks (nonfiction and academic titles, textbooks, literary classics), as well as journal articles published by INFRA-M Academic Publishing Center and other leading Russian publishers of scholarly and scientific books and journals.