Government Information Center print resources
- HelpLink Directory of Human Services: San Francisco edition (also available at Branch Libraries)
- Treatment Works! (Where to find help in California for alcohol and other drug problems). Treatment Works! is also available on the California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs Web site.
- San Francisco City and County Home Page
- San Francisco City and County Employment Center: S.F.'s city government job openings--apply online!
- Online Services: One-stop index of a variety of City services and forms available online 24x7, such as:
- Birth or Death Certificate orders
- Business Name Search
- Parking Tickets Payment service
- Instant electrical, plumbing and simple building permits
- Marriage/Domestic Partner application forms
- Property Tax Lookup database
- ...and much more!
- Mayors Office of Housing
- First Time Homebuyer Programs
- Affordable Housing Information System
- San Francisco Housing Authority (Section 8 and public housing. The GIC prints a list of Section 8 Housing from Web site for in-library use)
Aid Programs/Services For Disadvantaged and Those In Crisis
- Department of Human Services: First stop for government assistance
- Free Eats/Shelter/Medical Charts: Locations, schedules, and other info for free services, from the Free Print Shop