Statistics that focus on a particular topic may have been compiled by other sources or agencies that specialize in an area.
For instance, statistics about the homeless as well as housing stock are available in the San Francisco Planning Department's Housing Element (print version is available at the GIC). Statistics on homelessness and housing can be found in a variety of sources. Contact the GIC for assistance in locating statistics.
The GIC has print publications with statistics that are not available online, such as this report by the Department of Public Health:
- District Health Report (2002, for each Supervisorial Districtâ€”11 volumes)
More Web Resources with San Francisco Statistics:
- Crime Statistics: Police Department's CrimeMAPS
- Fast Facts (PDF)
- Planning Department
- Public Health, Department of
- Human Services, Department of
- Medical Examiner's Annual Report - detailed death statistics
- SPUR (San Francisco Planning and Urban Research Association)
- Transportation Fact Sheet from the S.F. Department of Parking and Traffic