Unprocessed Mayoral Collections
These collections are being cataloged and are not yet available for research.
Frank Jordan, 1992 - 1996
SF History Center has 45 cubic feet.
Willie L. Brown, 1996-2004
SF History Center has 60 cubic feet.
Mayoral Collections Housed at Other Repositories
William Alvord, 1871-1873
- The Bancroft Library, University of California, Berkeley, has a related collection, William Alvord Papers, 1874 - 1904.
James Otis, 1873-1875
- California State Library has a related collection, Frederick W. Macondray Letters, 1850-1862, consisting of business letters of a shipping, then wholesale tea, company started by Macondray and Otis in 1849.
Washington Bartlett, 1883-1887
- Stanford University has a related collection, Pacific Slope Scrapbooks, 1819-1906, which includes clippings mounted in a manuscript diary by Bartlett.
Adolph H.J. Sutro, 1895-1897
- The Bancroft Library has a collection, Adolph Sutro Papers, that includes one box of mayoral papers.
- The California Historical Society's (CHS) North Baker Research Library has a collection of 34 boxes and 66 volumes.
James Duval Phelan, 1897-1902
- The Bancroft Library has a collection, James D. Phelan Papers, including letters, scrapbooks, and speeches.
Edward Robeson Taylor, 1907-1910, and Patrick Henry McCarthy, 1910-1912
- CHS has a collection of nine boxes consisting mainly of correspondence.
James Rolph, Jr., 1912-1931
- CHS has a collection of 90 boxes and 35 volumes including mayoral correspondence, appointment books, record books of election workers, and newspaper clippings.
Roger Dearborn Lapham, 1944-1948
- CHS has a collection of 34 scrapbooks.
John Francis Shelley, 1964-1968
- The Labor Archives and Research Center, San Francisco State University, has the John Francis "Jack" Shelley Collection which includes 17 cubic feet of mayoral papers, mostly scrapbooks and newspaper clippings, and one box of mayoral speeches.