How to Find Schematics Using a SAMS Photofact Online Search
- Use any computer in the Main Library. At the Library Home Page under eLibrary, select Articles and Databases, then select Science & Technology, and finally, SAMS Photofact Repair Manuals (accessible only in Main Library).
- In the default search box (next to Model/Chasis), enter a model number - or even a partial model number - but NOT the brand.
Note: The Model/Chasis box is a drop-down menu and can be changed to Brand, SAMS #, etc. So if you prefer to search by brand, you need to change this menu.
- There are various ways to search SAMS - see the Search Tips link next to the Search button. Also try hovering your mouse over Manuals in the green bar at the top for other options/info. Ask staff at the 4th Floor Business, Science & Technology Center desk if you need help.
- If SAMS has the schematic immediately available for download, an Adobe Acrobat PDF icon will appear in the Subcription column on the right side of the item record/model. Click ithe icon to download or print the file - you will need a flash drive to download it. If you prefer to print the file, the print job will be sent to the 4th Floor copy room. There is a charge for printing and you will need to purchase a print card for a minimum of $1.00 to operate the printer.
- If SAMS has a different icon (looks like an arrow) in the item's Subscription column, it is not available for immediate download, but SAMS has the item in their collection. They will scan it for you and add it to their database for your access - click the arrow to begin the request process and fill out the online form. You will need to have an email account for contacting purposes to complete the form.*
- If the item you are searching for does not appear in the SAMS database, you may request that SAMS check their collection for it since they may still be able to provide it. Click the request a manual link and fill out the online form. You will need to have an email account for contacting purposes to complete the form.*
- *If you do not have an email account, talk to staff at the 4th Floor Business, Science & Technology Center desk. If you need any help with the searching and/or request process, ask staff at the Business, Science & Technology Center desk.