Libraries to contact to locate standards:
The Business, Science & Technology Center does *not* have the following standards:
- ANSI (American National Standards)
- ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials)
- ISO (International Standards Organization)
We do not keep a back file of historical standards.
The BST Department of the Main Library has very limited, historical holdings of standards such as:
- American Concrete Institute Manual of Concrete Practice (ACI)
- American Society of Agricultural EngineersYearbook of Standards (ASAE) (1965, 1970, 1976, 1977, 1978/1979, 1979/1980, 1983/1984)
- Architectural Graphic Standards
- Fastener Standards and Metric Fastener Standards
- Society of Automotive Engineers Handbook (SAE Handbook)
Consult the BST reference desk for other standards.
Sources for Purchasing Standards
Document Center Inc.
1504 Industrial Way, Unit 9 / Belmont, CA 94002 / Phone: (415) 591-7600 / Fax: (415) 591-7617
Information Handling Services
15 Inverness Way East / Englewood, CO 80112-5704 / Phone (800) 624-3974 / Fax: (303) 397-7935
Other Sources for Standards
ASSIST Federal and Military Standards Online
Provides direct access to defense and federal specifications, standards, and related standardization documents cataloged in the DoD master repository. ASSIST-Quick Search does not require an account and password and makes documents available to the public free of charge.
Linda Hall Library
Linda Hall Library is an independent public library of science, engineering and technology located in Kansas City, Missouri. The Library is used extensively by companies, academic institutions and individuals throughout the world. Some standards can be purchased through their document delivery system.
Santa Clara University Library