We offer a number of consumer demographics sources to help you find information on potential customers for your product or service. Sources include consumer surveys, compilations of demographic statistics, consumer spending habits by zip code or city, demographics of consumers by product or service, and more. Most of these sources can be found in the Consumer Demographics section in the Business, Science & Technology Department. A great deal can also be found using databases such as Ebscohost’s Business Source Complete.
- Ask at the Business Science & Technology Center for the following items:
- Demographics USA. County or Zip Code edition. Market Statistics.
- Consumer purchasing power from the publishers of the Survey of Buying Power.
- Hispanic Media and Market Source. Standard Rate and Data Service.
- Contains demographic & economic data, top markets.
- Lifestyle Market Analyst. Standard Rate & Data Service.
- Profiles lifestyle interests and consumer segments for metropolitan areas and counties.
- Marketer's Guide to Media. Published by Adweek.
- Contains detailed breakdowns and consumer demographics for all media markets.
- Marketing List Source. Standard Rate & Data Service.
- Directory of commercial mailing lists organized by market category. (Other SRDS publications also contain valuable demographic information.)
- Official Guide to Household Spending. New Strategist.
- Tracks expenditures for clothing, entertainment, financial services, food, health care, personal care, transportation, etc.
- Sourcebook of ZIP Code Demographics. CACI Marketing Systems.
- Includes purchase potential for specific goods & services along with basic demographics.
- Rand California - An Online Source on Public Policy and Economics
- Very good online resource for California demographics.
- Annual Consumer Expenditure Survey
- Issued by the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Bay Area Census
- ABAG/MTC site for demographics for the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area
- Bureau of the Census
- The ultimate source of demographic statistics. Economic Census by zip code is available.
- Counting California
- Population and demographics. Most information is at the county level.