LINK+ is a combined catalog of over 9 million unique books from participating libraries throughout California. Users from member libraries electronically request an item not available in their own library and it is delivered to them for check out.
- Items usually arrive within 5 days.
- The loan period is 21 days with one renewal (for an additional 21 days).
- There is no charge to request or borrow LINK+ materials.
- Please note: If an item is lost, there is a $115 replacement charge payable to the lending library. Some libraries may accept a replacement copy or list price of the lost item. Contact the Interlibrary Loan Department (415-557-4406) for more information. Each LINK+ transaction counts as a hold. Users may have up to 20 holds at any one time.
How it Works
- Click the Link Plus button in the SFPL Catalog for a book or topic that you don't find.
- Choose SFPL from the institutions list.
- Type your name and library barcode number at the prompts and click Submit.
- The book will be sent from the owning library if it's listed in LINK+ as "available."
- You can also search the LINK+ Catalog directly.
How are LINK+ books checked out?
Just like SFPL books. Check out the LINK+ books at your pickup location when you are notified that they have arrived. They will be held for you up to 10 days. You must have a San Francisco Public Library card to request LINK+ books.
How are LINK+ books returned?
When you are finished with the book, please return it to any San Francisco Public Library service counter. Do not put LINK+ books in any book drop.
For questions about the LINK+ system, contact the Interlibrary Loan Program at 557-4406.
See Also: LINK+ Guidelines