Service animals are welcomed in all SFPL facilities. Please help maintain a pleasant and safe environment for all library users by observing the following behavioral guidelines for your service animal. These guidelines conform to San Francisco Health Code Article 1: Sections 41 (a) and 41.12 (a) and federal regulations that support the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Animals, other than service animals assisting persons with disabilities, are not permitted inside Library facilities or within 10 feet of any door.
- Keep your service animal with you and under your control at all times.
- Keep your animal on the floor or on your person at all times.
- If your service animal is a dog, keep your dog on a leash.
- If your service animal's behavior poses a direct threat to the health or safety of others, or disobeys SFPL's Guidelines for Library Use, it may not stay in the library.