MEDIA CONTACT: Sherri Eng, (415) 557-4282; email@example.com
Noe Valley Branch Library Celebrates Grand Re-Opening
Invitation to Cover
What: Join Mayor Gavin Newsom, Supervisor Bevan Dufty, City Librarian Luis Herrera and other officials for the grand re-opening celebration of the newly restored Noe Valley/Sally Brunn Branch Library.
When: 1-4 p.m.on Saturday, March 8
Where: 451 Jersey St. (near Castro)
- City Librarian Luis Herrera
- Mayor Gavin Newsom
- Supervisor Bevan Dufty
- Senator Carole Midgen
- State Assemblyman Mark Leno
- Jewelle Gomez, San Francisco Public Library Commission
- Edward D. Reiskin, Department of Public Works
- Donna Bero, executive director, Friends of the San Francisco Public Library
- Kim Drew, Noe Valley Library Campaign Committee
- Lion dancers from the Jing Mo Athletic Association
- Steve Stein & Friends
- Mark Lind-Hanson
- Paula Benton
- Magic by Andrew
- Magic by Dan
Why: The Noe Valley/Sally Brunn Branch is the eighth library to be renovated or built under the Branch Library Improvement Program, which was funded by a $106 million bond measure approved by voters in 2000. A separate fundraising campaign by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library provided new furniture and equipment for the branch. Improvements to this historic Carnegie building include accessible restrooms, a designated Teen Area, an improved Children's Room, a revamped program room, a new elevator, new lighting fixtures, restored furniture, more computers and free WiFi access to the Internet. Also, the branch is now seismically safe and accessible to all.
Please RSVP to (415) 557-4277
Building better libraries for stronger communities.