- The San Francisco Main Library provides a free, five (5) per month, obituary search service.
- We perform searches for persons whose obituary appeared in San Francisco newspapers.
- We cannot guarantee that we will find the information you request.
- To submit a request by mail, you can print this page, complete the Obituary Search Request Form, include a self addressed-stamped envelope, and mail to:
Magazines and Newspapers Center
San Francisco Public Library
100 Larkin Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
- You may wish to consult the Obituary-Related Resources page.
- All requests are fulfilled on a first come, first serve basis.
Please allow 2-4 weeks for us to respond to your request.