Instructions if You are not Signed In to Classic Catalog
- Go to the Classic Catalog. Click on the Log In button on the left side of the catalog search page to sign in to your library record.
- Click on Search the Catalog to find an item in the Catalog, click the Is it Available? button to display the item.
- Click the Request button at the top or bottom of your screen.
- Make sure your Pickup Location has been selected from the drop-down menu.
You may continue adding additional items to your request list without re-entering your PIN as long as you remain logged in to your Library record. The default cancellation date is six months from the date you place the request.
Additional Way to Save Multiple Items in the Classic Catalog
If you are not already logged in, another way to place multiple requests is to use the Save Result feature, where you save your search results and then place your requests all at once by selecting them from your saved list.
- Click the Save Result button at the top of the screen of the item you want to request (this is after you have clicked the Is it Available? button).
- Continue searching and clicking Save Result for each item you want to save.
- When you are ready to request the items you saved, click the Saved Items button at the top. Click the Place Holds On Saved Items button. Log in to your record. A list of your saved records will appear at the bottom of the screen. Select the items you want by clicking inside the check boxes. Enter the requested information and select the appropriate Request button.
You can always ask library staff to demonstrate these steps to you, or take one of our free classes at the Main Library.