Marina Branch Library was the 23rd branch established in the San Francisco Public Library system and originally opened to the public in 1954. It was designed by the architectural firm of Appleton and Wolfard at a cost of $156,742. Furnishings cost an additional $12,926. Recent renovations saw the branch closed for two years and reopened on August 4, 2007. In addition to aesthetic and technological enhancements including a small addition, the Marina Branch is now seismically safe and fully accessible. The project was designed by architectural firms Tom Elliot Fisch and Field Paoli. Project costs totaled $3.9 million.
The Marina Branch dedication ceremony in 1954