Overdue and Request Notices by Email, Telephone or Text
You can choose to receive email or telephone notices when you get your card. You can always change your notice preference by visiting any local library, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 415-557-4400.
To change your email address online:
- Log In to your library record
- Click the My Settings / Personal Information link at the top of the page.
- Click on Show your contact information
- In the Email Address box, delete the current email address and enter the new one
- Click the Save button.
- Once you have entered a new address, a confirmation email will be sent to you. Your change will take effect only after you have responded to the confirmation message.
If You are not Receiving Your Email Notices
Your notices may be blocked. Please note that spam-filtering software may block these messages. To ensure that Library notices arrive in your email, please configure your spam filter to receive messages from the following email address: email@example.com
Receive Your Notices by Text Message
San Francisco Public Library subscribes to a service that sends text message alerts for overdue and requested items. Learn more about the Library Elf service.
Users who sign up for text message alerts will continue to also receive notifications by email or telephone.
SFPL Saves Paper and Printing Expenses
As of July 1, 2011, San Francisco Public Library phased out the printed notices mailed through the U.S. Postal Service. If you have questions, please contact 415-557-4400 or your local library.