Ocean View Branch Library was the 15th branch established in the San Francisco Public Library system. The first Ocean View Branch Library opened in 1903 on Broad Street near the corner of Capitol Avenue. The new Ocean View Branch Library, at 345 Randolph Street, was opened on June 7, 2000. It was the first branch building to be built in San Francisco since 1969. The San Francisco Bureau of Architecture designed the two-story building. The cost of the building was $2.5 million. Private funds were raised for the equipment and furniture within the branch.