Parkside Library History

Parkside Branch Library, located in McCoppin Park, originally opened on June 21, 1951. The architects were Appleton & Wolfard; Lawrence Halprin was the landscape architect. Contruction was by the Wm. Hortstmeyer Company. The cost of the building was $162,171. Parkside Branch Library was the 19th branch established in the San Francisco Public Library System.

For more information on the condition of the branch before construction, please see the Parkside Branch Facilities Survey.

Reopening Celebration

The Parkside Branch Reopened on Saturday, November 6, 2010. Watch a video of the opening day celebration and take a Virtual Tour of Parkside's LEED features.

Historical image of Parkside Library
Historical image of Parkside Library

Take our survey