Parkside Branch Library, located in McCoppin Park, opened on June 21, 1951. The architects were Appleton & Wolfard; Lawrence Halprin was the landscape architect. Contruction was by the Wm. Hortstmeyer Company. The cost of the building was $162,171. Parkside Branch Library was the 19th branch established in the San Francisco Public Library System.
For more information on the condition of the branch before construction, please see the Parkside Branch Facilities Survey.
Historical image of Parkside Library