A special meeting of the San Francisco Public Library Commission called by the Commission President will be held as follows:
Date: Thursday, November 15, 2001
Time: 4:00 PM
Place: Koret Auditorium, Main Library, lower level
The meeting will be called to order.
1. APPROVAL OF THE OCTOBER 10, 2001 MINUTES - ACTION
Presentation of, discussion of, and possible action to approve the Minutes of the special Commission meeting of October 10, 2001.
Explanatory document: draft minutes
2. BRANCH LIBRARY SITE SELECTION REPORT - ACTION
Discussion of and possible action on a site for the new Glen Park Branch Library.
3. BRANCH LIBRARY SITE SELECTION UPDATE - DISCUSSION
Discussion of possible sites for the Visitacion Valley, Portola, and Ingleside Branch Libraries.
4. BOND PROGRAM MANAGER’S REPORT - DISCUSSION
(This is a discussion item is to allow the Branch Library Bond Program Manager to report on recent bond program related activities and make announcements.)
This report will consist of an update on the bond schedule and budget, a status report on active projects, and a presentation on the public art program.
5. COMMISSION MEETINGS SCHEDULE - ACTION
Presentation of, discussion of, and possible action to approve a schedule of dates for the 2nd regular monthly Commission Meetings for 2002.
Explanatory document: draft meetings schedule
6. PUBLIC COMMENT - DISCUSSION
(This item is to allow members of the public to comment generally on matters within the Commission’s purview as well as to suggest new agenda items for the Library Commission’s future consideration.)
7. ADJOURNMENT - ACTION
(requires motion and public comment)
* Public comment will be taken before or during the Library Commission's consideration of each agenda item.
** Explanatory documents: Copies of explanatory documents listed in this agenda, and other related materials received by the Library Commission after the posting of this agenda, can be obtained from the Office of the Library Commission, Main Library, 6th Floor and also, to the extent possible, will be available on the Library’s website at http://sfpl.lib.ca.us/.
11/08/01 - M.Housh, Commission Secretary
SAN FRANCISCO PUBLIC LIBRARY COMMISSION
2002 MEETING SCHEDULE
(As Revised 11/15/01)
First Tuesday of the Month, 4:00 PM
February 5, March 5, April 2, May 7, June 4, July 2, August 6, September 3, October 1, and December 3, 2002.
First Wednesday of the Month, 4:00 PM
January 2*, 2002 November 6**, 2002.
Third Thursday of the Month 4:00PM
January 17, February 21, March 21, April 18, May 16, June 20, July 18, August 15,
September 19, October 17, November 21, and December 19, 2002.
- As the January 1st New Year’s Day Holiday falls on the first Tuesday of 2002, the regular Commission meeting will be held on the 1st Wednesday.
- *The 1st meeting in November will be held on the 1st Wednesday due to Municipal Election Day being held on the 1st Tuesday.