"View of the old flatiron Crocker Building from Market Street when demolition was beginning in 1966. It was built in 1890, designed by A. Page Brown. Many feel that Maybeck had something to do with it as he was in Brown's office at the time. The richly textured and imaginative stone and brick motifs make that believable. Once a noble terminus for New Montgomery Street, its removal and replacement by the Aetna Building of 1969 creates a startlingly different kind of cityscape."