A regular meeting of the San Francisco Public Library Commission will be held as follows:
Date: Thursday, January 17, 2002
Time: 4:00 PM
Place: Koret Auditorium, Main Library, lower level
The meeting will be called to order.
1. APPROVAL OF THE DECEMBER 20, 2001 MINUTES - ACTION
Presentation of, discussion of, and possible action to approve the Minutes of the special Commission meeting of December 20, 2001.
Explanatory document: draft Minutes
2. COMMISSION MEETINGS SCHEDULE - ACTION
Presentation of, discussion of, and possible action to approve a schedule of dates for the regular Commission Meetings for 2002.
Explanatory document: draft meetings schedule
3. DEPARTMENT OF THE ENVIRONMENT REPORT - DISCUSSION
Presentation on and discussion of a report by the Department of the Environment on the green building ordinance and how it relates to the Branch Library Improvement Program
4. BOND PROGRAM MANAGER'S REPORT - DISCUSSION
(This is a discussion item to allow the Branch Library Bond Program Manager to report on recent bond program related activities and make announcements.)
This report will consist of an update on the bond schedule and budget, plans for the next bond sale, a status report on active projects and community outreach, a report on the appointment of members to the Bond Program Advisory Committee and the Bond Program Financial Advisory Committee, an update on the Library Planner RFQ, presentation of the Branch Facilities Plan, and planning for library services and collections.
5. PROJECT RESERVE - ACTION
Presentation of and discussion of and possible action to create a budget reserve for the Branch Library Bond Program.
6. ART ENRICHMENT RESERVE - ACTION
Presentation and discussion of and possible action on a proposal to create an art enrichment reserve in the Branch Library Bond Program to facilitate the art enrichment program for the branch libraries.
7. PUBLIC REVIEW PROCESS - ACTION
Presentation and discussion of and possible action to adopt a public review process for Prop. A Branch Library Construction and Improvement Bond Program projects.
8. PUBLIC COMMENT - DISCUSSION
(This item to allow members of the public to comment on matters within the commission's purview as well as introduce new agenda for the commission's consideration.)
9. ADJOURNMENT - ACTION
(requires motion and public comment)
*Public comment will be taken before or during the Library Commission's consideration of each agenda item.
01/10/02 - M.Housh, Commission Secretary
- *Explanatory documents: Copies of explanatory documents listed in this agenda, and other related materials received by the Library Commission after the posting of this agenda, can be obtained from the Office of the Library Commission, Main Library, 6th Floor and also, to the extent possible, will be available on the Library's website at http://sfpl.org.