Note: Please check with museum or attraction to ensure that information is current.
- John F. Kennedy Dr. at Chain of Lakes Dr. East (western end of Golden Gate Park)
THE RANDALL MUSEUM
- 199 Museum Way at Roosevelt Way
Tues. – Sat.: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
“Meet the Animals” talk: Saturdays at 11:15 AM
Animal feedings on Saturdays at noon
Model railroad exhibit: Saturdays, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
SAN FRANCISCO ZOO
- Sloat Blvd. at 47th Ave. near the Great Highway
Daily: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Children’s Zoo: Daily, 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Free admission for all on the 1st Wednesday of each month and for children 2 and under daily.
CALIFORNIA PALACE OF THE LEGION OF HONOR
- 34th Avenue at Clement St. (Lincoln Park)
Tues. – Sun.: 9:30 AM – 5:15 PM
Free admission for all on 1st Tuesday and for children 12 and under daily.
CARTOON ART MUSEUM
- 655 Mission St. at Third St.
Daily 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM; closed Monday
First Tuesday is “Pay What You Wish Day”; children 5 and under free at all times.
THE DE YOUNG MUSEUM
- 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive
Golden Gate Park
Tues. – Sun.: 9:30 AM – 5:15 PM; Fridays until 8:45 pm (part of year)
Drop-in workshops: Sat. 10:30 AM – noon; ages 4-12
Free admission for all on 1st Tuesday and for children 12 and under daily; free activities on Friday evenings.
SAN FRANCISCO MUSEUM OF MODERN ART
- 151 Third Street between Mission and Howard St.
Summer Hours (Memorial Day – Labor Day):
Mon.-Tues. & Fri.-Sun.: 11:00 AM – 5:45 PM;
Thurs. 11:00 AM – 8:45 PM; Closed Wednesdays
Summer Hours: May 25-September 7: Monday-Tuesday,
Fri.-Sun.: 10:00 AM-5:45 PM; Thurs.: 10:00 AM - 8:45 PM
closed Wednesdays. Free admission for all 1st Tuesday and at all times for children 12 and under when accompanied by an adult.
CABLE CAR BARN AND MUSEUM
- 1201 Mason St. at Washington St.
Daily, Apr. 1 – Sept. 30, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Oct. 1 – Mar. 31, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM Closed holidays
MUSEUM OF THE AFRICAN DIASPORA
- 685 Mission Street at Third St
Wed. – Sat.: 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sun.: Noon – 5:00 PM Closed Mon. & Tues.
Free admission for age 12 and under.
SAN FRANCISCO FIRE DEPARTMENT MUSEUM
- 655 Presidio Ave. (between Bush and Pine)
Thurs. – Sun.: 1:00 – 4:00 PM
SAN FRANCISCO MARITIME NATIONAL HISTORICAL PARK
- Aquatic Park at Hyde Street Pier
Hyde Street Pier with Historic Ships and a Visitor Center:
May 25-June 21: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM;
June 22 - Aug. 12: 9:30 AM -6:30 PM;
Aug. 17 - Sept. 30: 9:30 AM -5:30 PM;
Oct. 1 -May 12: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
"Music of the Sea for Kids" program 3rd Saturday of every month: 300 - 3:45 PM
Free Admission for all on 1st Sunday of month and at all times for ages 16 and under.
SAN FRANCISCO RAILWAY MUSEUM
- 77 Steuart Street between Market and Mission
Wed. – Sun.: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
WELLS FARGO HISTORY MUSEUM
- 420 Montgomery St. (at California St.)
Mon – Fri.: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
GOLDEN GATE PARK
MUSIC CONCOURSE BANDSHELL
- Free concerts by the Golden Gate Band
Sundays at 1:00 PM
April – October.
SIGMUND STERN GROVE MUSIC FESTIVAL
Mid June to mid August
Sundays at 2:00 p.m.
Sigmund Stern Grove, 19th Ave. & Sloat, San Francisco
- Listen to the waves and wind make music and take in beautiful bay views. Created in 1986, the acoustical art piece is best experienced at high tide. The installation consists of 25 concrete and PVC pipes planted in the water.
Located on a jetty across from the Marina Green, at the end of Yacht Road. The nearest major cross streets are Marina Boulevard and Lyon Street.
CALIFORNIA ACADEMY OF SCIENCES
- Natural History Museum
55 Music Concourse Drive
Golden Gate Park
http://www.calacademy.org/ Mon-Sat: 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Free admission for all 3rd Wednesday of each month and for children 3 and under daily.
CONSERVATORY OF FLOWERS
- John F. Kennedy drive in Golden Gate Park
Tues. – Sun: 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Free admission for all on 1st Tuesday and for children 4 and under daily.
- 3601 Lyon St. (between Marina Blvd. and Lombard St.)
in the Palace of Fine Arts
Closed Mondays, except on holidays
Tues. – Sun.: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Free admission for all 1st Wednesday of each month and for children 3 and under daily
JAPANESE TEA GARDEN
- Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr. at Martin Luther King, Jr. Dr. in Golden Gate Park
March 1 – October 31
Daily: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
November 1 – February 28 Daily 9:00 AM – 4:45 PM
Free admission for all Mon.,Wed., Fri.: 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
and for children age 5 and under daily
ASIAN ART MUSEUM
- 200 Larkin Street at Fulton St.
Tues. – Sun.: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thurs. 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Storytelling every Sunday and first Saturday.
Call or check website for schedule and for other program and event information.
Free admission for children 12 and under and for all SFUSD students with ID.
Free admission for all 1st Sunday of each month.
- 9th Ave. at Lincoln Way (Golden Gate Park)
Garden: Mon. – Fri.: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Sat., Sun., Holidays, 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Children’s Story Time, ages 4 – 8, 1st and 3rd Sundays
10:30 AM – 11:00 AM, followed by docent-led family garden walk.
Library: Daily: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM, except holidays
CANDLESTICK POINT STATE RECREATION AREA
- Hunters Point Expressway (between Gilman Ave. and Jamestown Ave.)
415-671-0145 (ranger station)
Hours: 8:00 AM – sunset
Walking paths and fishing piers; free parking except on football home game days.
- Along the Bay between the Marina and the Golden Gate Bridge
Crissy Field Center located at 603 Mason at Hallack
Park open 24 hours. Crissy Field Center: daily 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Free parking and walking paths: check websites for guided walks and family programs.
THE PRESIDIO OF SAN FRANCISCO
- Visitor Center located at 50 Moraga
Daily: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Free parking. Hiking trails and free shuttle bus ride around the park. Call center for information about scheduled ranger and docent led programs .
Updated September 30, 2009